I bought this cue about a year and a half ago. At first, I had trouble getting used to it, as it is pretty rear-balanced. After I somehow got used to it, I learned to appreciate how soft the feel of this cue is. Sometimes, you might actually feel that it needs a little more power or "zing", but the cue is a pleasure to play with, and if you have a finesse game, it will be that much more enjoyable to play with a cue with such a soft hit. Additionally, I always preferred these wrapless cues, there's just something special about that wood in your right hand, feels like you're that much more in control of your stroke. Craftsmanship is top-notch. The only grief I have with the cue is its balance point, which is so far back and the fact that the butt is bit larger in diameter than I would've liked, but I learned to live with this. I recommend this cue to novice and intermediate players, you (probably) won't regret the purchase.
Viking B3584 (Formerly A351)
At Viking Cues, we know that better cues lead to better games. Over the years, Viking has become recognized as the leading cue maker in the industry. Our reputation is owed to the superior quality and craftsmenship of our products. Because of our focus on making great playing cues and our time-honored tradition in the billiards world. Viking's reputation continues to be the industry leader.
From the leather tip, to the rubber bumper, a Viking cue is constructed with the best components, experience, and care in the billiards industry. We manufacture 99% of our parts we use on our cues and guarantee that our product is 100% American made.
- Tip: Everest® Laminated
- Ferrule: Viking SUPER Ferrule, capped and threaded onto the shaft
- Wrap: None
- Shaft: ViKORE Hard Rock Maple (Aged 5 years)
- Benefit: Extreme Control & Accuracy
- Turnings: 9 to 11 turnings over 18 to 24 months
- Taper: 12" to 14" Pro Taper
- Finish: Ultra-violet Urethane 3 coat finish
- Forearm: Northwoods Maple
- Joint: Hustler Style, flat faced with a brass insert
- Pin: Viking 5/16 x 18 Quick Release, Stainless Steel
- Bumper: Threaded Rubber
- Warranty: Lifetime, including warpage