The Reviews Are Coming in...
"Oh nice and thank you. I tried my girlfriends on her Viking cue and loved it, going to get rid of 2 Jacoby blacks that I have. I have a tournament coming up and am hoping to use your shaft on my Carmeli cue Thank you again"
"I wanted to give you some feedback on the new Siege. I was playing with both the Revo 12.4 and 12.9 along with more recently the defy. I use to shoot with back hand English and struggled with the Revos because of the far pivot point needed to make the shots work. I also had to adjust my shooting allot to adapt to them and finally gave up and switched to the Defy this past January. The Defy is good but not great. It still has deflection and when hitting long shots with some force the shaft wobbles way too much making it hard to pot the ball. I’ve been shooting with the Siege now for 2 weeks. The hit is solid on both soft and hard shots. I’m back to using BHE because with this shaft I find no issues with short bridges or long bridges. Right off the bat I can tell the deflection is very minimal. I can aim with side spin (I spin all my shots) inside and outside English no issues. No shaft has gone where I need it to.
This shaft goes where I need it to without having to make adjustments.
Now take it I’m not a big pro shooter but I do play about 1-2 hours a day and my skill level is a 6 in APA. I’ve had better cue ball control mostly to find the shaft has very good energy transfer. I can hit very soft making me more accurate and getting plenty of cue ball movement.
Basically it lets the spin do the work. One other thing is I don’t need to wear a glove with how smooth the shaft is. I haven’t cleaned it and no sticky residue. The other shafts you definitely need a glove. I’ll be selling my other shafts and getting a second Siege for sure. Thanks for a great product!
P.S. Day 2 using the shaft I ran 2 9 ball racks plus 2 balls into the 3rd rack before missing. The shots I struggled with and had to make adjustments for previously were dropping clean"
"The 12.5mm shaft hits wonderfully. Ill have mine soon so I can make the switch. These shafts have the most feedback of any carbon fiber that i have used. Lots of time to practice with the Covid shutdown."
"Even though I finished 2nd place in this tournament I must say that the new Viking Siege shaft is truly Awesome!"
"What a shaft. Perfection in each shot. Wicked smooth. Energy transfer is top notch. I no longer force the cue for position. Where I stoke is how it rolls. This is my first carbon, I've used other players, but this feels incredible."
"Got mine last week and so far it is awesome! Been shooting with the eXactShot for 5 years and the Siege is better"
"Yesssss!!!!! Loved the prototype I cannot wait to get mine. it’s unbelievable how good it hits. Thank you for everything you guys do at team Viking"
"Viking hit this one out of the ballpark"
Most of our dealers are also players. Just some of what they have to say...
“I work in the billiard industry and have access to try out and test all the shafts that come on the market. After hitting about 5 racks with the siege I was amazed. It has a very consistent feel and touch, no annoying hollow sound when you hit the ball, and the 12.25 tip seems to be the perfect alternative from what has been available from other manufacturers. With all the choices available in the carbon shaft market, I would highly recommend giving The Siege a shot, you won’t be disappointed“
-Josh Gibson of The Billiard Store in Fort Lauderdale, FL
"I had a chance to play with the prototypes for a couple weeks, great hit, and great performance. I can’t wait to get them in the shop!"
-Curtis Johnson of Pockets Pool and Pub in AZ
The Viking Siege
NOW AVAILABLE IN ALL PINS AND TIP SIZES!
The Siege Carbon Fiber Performance Shaft by Viking™
A NEW Spin on Carbon Fiber Shafts
Until now, the billiard industry has relied on a carbon fiber shaft construction process of wrapping thin sheets of resin pre-impregnated carbon fiber around a steel form and overlapping the individual sheets as the diameter and taper of the shaft varies. This process of overlapping the sheets leaves undesired variations in wall thickness and stiffness and introduces radial inconsistencies over the length of the shaft in addition to requiring a final sanding process to create a smooth, even surface.
Viking is taking a step in an entirely different direction. The carbon fiber process used to create the Viking Siege Pure Performance Shaft allows the carbon fiber and resin to be wound on the shaft structure in a single, continuous process weaving the fiber and applying resin simultaneously. Because sheet overlaps have been eliminated with this process, the end result is a more uniform structure with increased radial consistency and a smooth, sealed, un-sanded outer
surface that stays cleaner and glides smoothly across your skin.
SIMPLY BETTER. BETTER BALANCE AND BETTER FEEL.
When it comes to feel, the engineers at Viking chose a new approach to create a balanced shaft with improved sound characteristics and significantly reduced vibration. The Viking Siege shaft utilizes a new vibration dampening system that allows us to introduce mass over the length of the shaft. This new process not only significantly reduces the vibration found in most Carbon Fiber shafts but also provides a balanced, natural feel unmatched in the industry yet still efficiently transferring wicked energy to the cue ball.
The Viking Siege is available in 12.25, 12.5 and 12.75mm tip sizes and is available in most common joint styles available in the market.
Viking has developed a specially-formulated, high‑impact resin SUPER ferrule that is not just reactive, but simply indestructible.
From tip to joint, all components within the Siege are designed to function as one. Whether you are a pro, amateur, or somewhere in between, the Siege will take your game to a higher level.
- Tip: Kamui Black Soft (Standard)
- Ferrule: 1/4" Viking SUPER Ferrule
- Shaft: Carbon Fiber
- Taper: 12" to 14" Pro Taper
- Joint Size: .840"
- Finish: Smooth Black Resin
- Joint: High Impact Black (IMA), flat faced with a brass insert
- Pin: Viking 5/16 x 18 Quick Release, Stainless Steel (Others available)
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
Care of Your Siege Shaft
- The first step in protecting your shaft is registering the shaft at Vikingcue.com within the first 30 days of ownership to be eligible for its limited lifetime warranty. Specific warranty information can be found at vikingcue.com/warranty.
Cleaning of Your Siege Shaft
The surface of the Siege shaft has been engineered to be sealed from the outside elements. Although it is sealed, soils may build up on the surface of the shaft.
- Day to Day maintenance can be performed with a soft, clean, debris free cloth lightly applied to the surface of the shaft to remove any residue followed by wiping with a soft, clean damp rag.
- When a deeper clean is desired, Isopropyl alcohol wipes can be used. If wipes are not available, substituting a soft, clean, debris free cloth with a few drops of Isopropyl Alcohol (70%) will be effective.
Care of Your Siege Shaft
- Under no circumstances can the Siege shaft be sanded or modified. The use of any type of abrasives, in liquid or solid form, will damage the sealed surface of the shaft and void the warranty of the shaft. The use of many common shaft treatments is not advised as many contain abrasive compounds that can damage the surface of the shaft.
- The finish of the Viking Siege shaft is designed to glide through the hand without the use of additional products. Use of baby powder, hand chalk or talcum powder is not recommended and may cause damage to the surface not covered under the warranty of the shaft.
- The diameter of the shaft cannot be modified. Any process to reduce the diameter of the shaft will result in damage the finish of the shaft, weaken the carbon fiber structure and expose raw fiber shaft, release potentially harmful particles into the air and will void the warranty of the shaft.
Changing the Tip on Your Siege Shaft
- The unique design of the Ferrule on the Viking Siege shaft makes it an integral part of the overall structure. Care must be taken not to remove ferrule material when replacing the tip. The removal of excess ferrule material may compromise the structure of the shaft and void shaft warranty.
- It is recommended that the shaft be protected from contact with solvents, glue and any abrasives used in the tip replacement process as they may cause permanent damage to the finish of the shaft and may void the shaft warranty.
Changing the Ferrule on Your Siege Shaft.
- The Carbon Fiber construction of the Siege shaft and it's components are subject to specific materials and extremely close tolerances. In the event that the ferrule needs to be repaired or replaced, it must be done so by Viking Cue Manufacturing to maintain the shaft's warranty.